MATERI TEXT MID TEST XI


Materi bhs Inggris XI SMK PANCASILA 9 GIRIWOYO

A fox fell into a well and couldn’t get out. By and by a thirsty goat came along. Seeing the fox in the well it asked if the water was good. “Good”, said the fox. “It’s the best water I’ve tasted in all my life. Come down and try it yourself. “The goat thought of nothing but how thirsty he was. So he jumped into the well. When he had drunk enough he looked around but there was no way to get out. Then the fox said, “I have a good idea. You stand on your hind legs and put your forelegs against the side of the well. Then I’ll climb on your back, from there I’ll step on your horns, and I can get out. And when I’m out I’ll help you out of the well.” The goat did as he was asked and the fox got on his back and so out of the well. Then he coolly walked away. The goat called out loudly after him out. The fox merely turned to him and said, “If you only has as much sense in your head as you have hairs in your beard you wouldn’t have jumped into the well without making sure that you could get out again
 



Once upon a time there were four little rabbits. Their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter. One morning they were allowed to play outside. Their mother reminded them not to go to Mr. McGregor’s garden because their father had an accident there.
Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail were good little rabbits. They went down the lane to pick blackberries. But Peter was naughty. He ran straight away to Mr. McGregor’s garden. He ate some lettuces, French beans, and radishes. Suddenly, he met Mr. McGregor. Peter was very frightened and rushed away as fast as he could. He lost a pair of shoes and a jacket while he was running. Peter never stopped running or looked behind him till he got home. During the evening, he was sick because he was so tired. He had to drink some medicine while three of his brother had bread, mild and blackberries for supper.
 


Dear Jonathan,
Hello! How are you? I received your letter today. I am very excited to hear that you are coming to stay with me for the holidays. I am sure we will have a lot of fun together.
My parents have agreed to let you stay with me. They offered to pick you up at the airport. All you have to do is to tell us when you are coming.
I will now tell you about some of the things you will experience here in Indonesia. You do not have to worry about the local spicy food. We have a lot of fastfood restaurants here like the ones you have in England.
You can also shop for souvenirs to bring home. Sarinah or BlokM are our famous shopping areas. They have many shops selling all kinds of things. I am sure you will love them.
I am also planning to take you to a few tourist spots like miniature of Indonesia, National monument, or Safari Garden. We can also go to the Ancol beach where you can swim, play on the beach, and have picnics.
My family and I are looking forward to your coming. I hope to hear from you soon.   Good bye.
With love.
Naufal




Shek Kip Mei 67
                                                                                    Kowloon
Hongkong
                                                                                    July 2007, 17

Dear Emily,
         I received your lovely birthday card yesterday. Thank you very much for it. It was very thoughtful of you to send it. Your card was the first I received.
         My birthday is in three day’s time. I’m quite excited about the party .What a pity you won’t be to come.
         Oh dear, there’s Mother calling me. I’d better see what she wants .Bye now!

                                                                                                            With love from,
                                                                                                            Sharon




Once upon a time there was a poor widow  who had an only son named jack. They were so poor that they didn't have anything except a cow. When the cow had grown too old, his mother sent jack to the market to sell it. On the way to the market, jack met a butcher who had some beautiful beans in his hand. The butcher told the boy that the beans were of great value and persuaded the silly lad to sell the cow for the beans.
Jack brought them, happily. When he told his mother about this, his mother became so angry that she threw the beans out of the window.
When jack woke up in the morning, he felt the sun shining into a pan of his room, but all the rest was quite dark and shady. so he jumped to the window. What did he see? The beanstalk grew up quite close past jack’s window. He opened the window and jumped to the beanstalk which ran up just like a big ladder
He climbed and climbed till at last he reached the sky. While looking , he saw a very huge castle. He was very amazed.
Then jack walked along the path leading to the castle. There was a big tail woman on the doorstep. Jack greeted her and asked for the giantess mercy to give him breakfast, because he fell very hungry. Although the giantess grumbled at first, finally she gave jack a hunk of bread and cheese and a jug of milk.
Jack hadn't finished when the whole house began to tremble with the noise of someone's coming. "oh! It's my husband!" cried the giantess. "what on earth shall i do?"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LATIHAN SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS XII UAS GASAL 2016/2017