love your life by thinking and thanking

LATIHAN SOAL

I.     Multiple Choice
Incomplete Dialogues
Questions 1 – 25 are incomplete dialogues. Four answers marked (A), (B), (C), and (D) are given beneath each dialogue. You have to choose the best answer to complete the dialogue.
1.      Jane     : ‘Oh, I feel very tired’
Jim       : ‘…’
A.     Let’s do the washing                                  C. Is Budi your friend?
B.     How about painting the house?                  D. Why don’t you take a rest?
2.      Ditya    : Mother sick. ...
Mr. Leo: No, problem, go ahead. May your  mother in good condition soon.
Ditya    : Thanks, sir.
A.     May you accompany her to the hospital?        C. Should I accompany her to hospital?
B.  Could I leave your class for accompanying her?  D. Would I accompany my mother?

3.      Man     : I need a secretary who can arrange my schedules and represent me in some meetings.
Woman: Don’t worry,...I used to be a secretary for three years.
A.     I have both capabilities                              C. I have to learn it.
B.     I will arrange my schedule                         D. I will represent you

4.      Yuli served a delicious dinner to her guest, Anto.
Anto    : ‘Thank you for the delicious dinner, Yuli.’
Yuli     : ‘…’
A.     I’m very hungry too.                                  C. Do not eat too much, Anto!
B.     It’s my pleasure, Anto.                              D. When will you invite me again, Anto?
5.      Teacher                        : ‘What do you do in your spare time?’
You                 : ‘…’
a.       I must spare time for you                                       c. I do some activities like swimming
b.      I spent time effectively                                          d. Yes, I like your spare time.

6.      Flight Schedule
Plane
Flight Number
Destination
Departure
Note

Garuda
GA 220/221
Jakarta
07.45
Everyday
GA 224/225
Jakarta
14.10
Everyday
GA 226/227
Jakarta
17.40
Everyday
Sriwijaya
SJ 211
Jakarta
07.00
Ex Ron
SJ 210/211
Jakarta
11.35
Everyday
Lion Air
JT 538/539
Jakarta
17.25
Everyday
Air Asia
AK 996/997
Kuala Lumpur
08.55
Everyday
AK 994/995
Kuala Lumpur
18.40
Everyday
Silk Air
MI 212/213
Singapore
10.00
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
What is the earliest plane toJakarta?
A.  Sriwijaya                                                     C. Lion Air
B.   Garuda                                                        D. Silk Air

7.      Guest               : ‘There’s no clean towel in the bathroom.’
Room boy        :’I’m sorry, Sir. …. .
A.     I’ll ask you to take it by yourself.              C. I’ll take it for you now
B.     Who’s care of it                                         D. I’ll take it for you but not now.
8.      Taufik  : Happy Travel, Taufik’s speaking.
Rizky   : Hello,Mr Taufik. This is Rizky ...
Taufik  : Oh, yes, Miss Rizky. I hope you and your family will have a wonderful time.
Rizky   : Thankyou. We’re very  excited.
A.     I’m sad to tell you the truth.                                   C. I like to talk about the ticket service.
B.     I’m disappointed with the service last night           D. I’m calling to confirm my trip to Bali.
9.      Sania    : ‘Dini’s mother is being hospitalized because of her cancer.’
Tami    : ‘…’
A.     Yes, I’m sure about it.                               C. I’m glad to hear that
B.     I’m sorry to hear that.                                D. What should I say?
10.  Vani     : ‘Excuse me, ... to the post office from here?’
Katie    : ‘Go straight down this street to the end of this block. It’s on the corner on your left.’
A.     Can I show you the way                            C. You must tell me the way
B.     Could you show me the way                                 D. You could show me the way
11.  Ucik     : ‘Can you swim to cross this river?’
Intan    : ‘… . You know I have a lot of practice in swimming.’
A.     Sorry, I can’t swim                                                C. Yes. I doubt myself
B.     No, I’m not able to swim.                          D. You must be kidding
12.  Man     : ...
Officer : What sort do you need, single or return?
A.     I’d like to reserve a table.                          C. I want to make a reservation
B.     I’m going to book a room                          D. I want to book a ticket to Bali.
13.  Caller               : ‘Could you put me through Mr. Jones?’
Secretary          :  ‘Sorry, Sir. … . Will you leave a message?’
A.     I’m Mr. Jones                                            C. Mr. Jones is in that moment
B.     Mr. Jones is our manager                           D. Mr. Jones is out now
14.  Receptionist     : Good afternoon PT Skansa. Can I help you?
Caller               : Good afternoon. Could I speak with the Marketing Manager,please?
Receptionist     : I’m sorry, he is out. ...?
Caller               : No,thank you. I’ll call him back later.
A.     Who’s speaking, please?                            C. Would you leave a message?
B.     Will you take my message?                      D. Wait a minute. I’ll put you through him.
15.  Susi      : ‘Which do you prefer, soft drink or coffee at this time of the day?’
Anto    : ‘… ‘
A.     I prefer coffee than soft drink                   C. I prefer coffee rather than soft drink
B.     I prefer coffee to soft drink                                   D. Yes. I like to have coffee and soft drink
16.  Fara     : ‘Would you like to come to my party?’
Abi      : ‘… because I have another program.’
A.     Sorry, I’m afraid I can’t                             C. Yes, I’ll be coming
B.     I am pleased to do that                               D. With pleasure
17.  Porter   : ‘… ‘
Guest   : ‘Yes, please. Please bring my suitcase to my room.
A.     Can you help me, Sir?                               C. What can I do for you, Sir?
B.     Could you help him, Sir?                           D. What can you do for me, Sir?
18.  Tom     : ‘What were you doing when I phoned you last night?’
John     : ‘… ‘
A.     I was having shopping with my sister        C. I’m having shopping with my sister
B.     I have shopping with my sister                       D. I shopping with my sister
19.  Mother : ‘Do you agree if we buy a new larger car?
Father  : ‘… the old one is too small for us and our children.’
A.     I don’t think so                                          C. I don’t agree with you ,Mom
B.     You’re not right, Mom                               D. I totally agree with you, Mom
20.  Harry   : ‘What should I do after firing from my job?’
Bimo    : ‘…’
A.     If I were you, I would claim to the company.  C.If I were you, I will claim to the company
B.     If I was you, I will be relax                                       D.If I was you, I would claim to the company
21.                                                      Caller          : I’ve already made a reservation for this week. May I know my reservation  number,  please?
Receptionist   : All right. …
Caller : It’s under the name Reyna Chaniago.
A.  Who is speaking?                                                    C. Can I have your number?
B.   Who made the reservation?                                     D. May I know your name,please?
22.  Tia       : ‘Do you really believe that our group band will be popular?
Jimmy  : ‘…, because we have a lot of fans.
A.     No, I’m not certain about it.                                               C. who care?
B.     Yes, I’m absolutely doubt about it.                                    D. I have no doubt about it
23.  Tono    : ‘…. after finishing your study here?’
Tini      : ‘I don’t know. I want to get a job but my parents asked me to continue study.’
A.     What would you do                                                           C. What are you going to do
B.     What will you going to do                                      D. What is you going to do
24.   Caller  : I have booked a ticket for Saturday afternoon. It’s under the name of John Powell
Agent   : I’m sorry, Sir ... we will call you back.
A.     Let me check the reservation number, first                        C. Will you buy some more tickets?
B.     We’re running out afternoon tickets.                                 D. Can you spell  your  name, please?
25.  Ita        : Sales, Dena Ita Speaking.
Ana      : May I speak to Thomas, please?
Ita        : I’m sorry. His line is busy right now. ...?
Ana      : All right. Please tell him Ita called.
C.        Would you like to hold on                                                C. Could you wait for him
D.       Who’s speaking                                                    D. May I take a message
Error Recognition
Questions : 26 to 30. Identify the one underlined word or phrase that should be corrected.

26.  Ani        : Look! These T-shirts are beautiful.  Which one do you like better?
                                                   A                       B
             Ana       : I like the blue one better. The design is nicest   than the yellow one.
                         C                                             D
27.  Mrs. Thomas   :      I’ve just witnessed a terribly accident. It was a hit and run.
                                                            A                       B
             Police officer  :      Can you describe the car?
             Mrs. Thomas  :      It is an expensive one   with a wheel at   the back I think.
                                                                       C                       D
28.  Andi                :      I found my journey to Bali exciting.
                               A
             Reina                     :         If you had got bad travel agent like I had, you won’t say it?
                                                               B                                     C                          D                           
29.   Student           :      Sinta didn’t bring umbrella. She was wet.
                                          A
            Teacher           :      If she had brought umbrella, she would had been wet
                                                          B       C                                  D
30. Denis              : Have you bought the new book for Biology?
                                                           A                          B
              Bertha                        : Here is the book who describes animals.
                                               C                 D
Questions 31 to 33 refer to the following announcement
Police are trying tolocate Miss Elsie Pearson, age 70, who disappeared from Kurnia’s Home for the Elderly on Wednesday night.Miss Pearson is 165 centimetres tall,weights 100 kilograms,and has short brown hair. She wears thick glasses,has a light complexion,and brown eyes. When last seen she was wearing a short blue  jacket, brown slack and black shoes.


31.  What is the announcement about?
A.  A missing person                                       C.    Kurnia’s Home for elderly
B.  A police’s research                                    D.   Miss Pearson’s appearance
32.  How is Miss Pearson’s appearance?
A.    She’s overweight                                      C.    She’s slim
B.    She’s ideal weight                                     D.   She’s tiny

Questions 33 to 34 refer to the following advertisement.
C. 
THE SKANSA INN
Rp 525,000.00 per night
Old fashioned building, very pretty 25 rooms
30-minute bus ride to city center
Facilities: a swimming pool, a spa, children’s playground, a 24-hour restaurant
Cash only



 
 
D.      





33.  The Skansa Inn has the following facilities, EXCEPT….
A.    a restaurant                                               C.    a swimming pool
B.    playground for children                            D.   a craft center
34.  What does the sentence “Cash Only” means?
A.    We can pay the bill with a debt card         C.    We may pay the bill with a credit card
B.    We must pay the bill with money             D.   We must pay the bill with a traveler cheque.

Questions 35 - 37 refer to the following letter.
Dear Dr. Indra,
I’m delighted to know that you are planning to visit us on Wednesday, April 21. While I’m not sure about your arrival time, it doesn’t really matter. The Exhibit Building is open at 9:00 a.m., so we’ll be looking for you.
I hope you will be with us all morning because we’re planning a special luncheon for you at the Ontario Club.
Sincerely yours
                                                                                                Shinta





                                                                             Sincerely yours

                                                                             Shinta

 
 











35. Why did Shinta write the letter?
A.     She  prepared the building.                           C. She had visited the exhibition.
B.     She confirmed someone’s arrival.                D.She hoped to come to Ontario Club.

36. What is the Ontario Club?
A.  An exhibit building.                                       C. Shinta’s residence.
B.   Indra’s club.                                                  D. A restaurant.

37. When is Dr. Indra going to come?
A.  At 9:00 a.m.                                                            C. In the morning.
B.   On April 21.                                                            D. On Wednesday.


Questions 38 to 40 refer to the following memo.
To               =   All employees
From           =   R. Wettimuny
Subject        =   Ordering supplies

All request for supplies must be typed and (38)___. Only typed requests will (39)___. All requests must be on my desk by the fifteenth of every month. (40)____requests will be sent on to the Accounting Department. Please plan ahead. It takes three to six weeks to order supplies.
 
 



a.     
b.    
c.     
d.    



38. A. sign                                                              C.      signed
B .                                                                     signs  D.          be signed

39.  A. accept                                                           C.      be accepted
             B. accepted                                                       D.      been accepted

40.  A. approved                                                      C.      approve
             B. approval                                                       D.      approver

II.  ESSAY
Direction    : Read the dialogue below before you answer question no 41 to 43
Guest                     : Hello, is it receptionist?
Receptionist           : Yes, it is. What can I do, Sir?
Guest                     : I’m Beni in room 403. I checked in about 30 minutes ago.
Receptionist           : Yes, Sir. Is there something wrong with the service, Sir?
Guest                     : Well, actually not, just a little problem with the AC in my room. It seems that it
can’t work properly. When I tried to adjust it, there was no changing of the    temperature. I want it colder.
Receptionist           : Yes, Sir. There must be something wrong with it and I apologize for this. But
                                don’t worry, Sir. I’ll have it fixed immediately.
Guest                     : Ok. I think that’s a good idea. Thanks.
Receptionist           : You’re welcome, Sir.

41.  What is the guest complain to the receptionist?
42.  I’ll have it fixed immediately’ what does it mean?
43.  What did the receptionist say after he realized that there was something wrong with the service?
Question no 44 and 50 have no relation with the dialogue above.
44.  Make a dialogue between two people about making a reservation!
45.  Make a dialogue between two people dealing with cancellation!
46.  Make a dialogue between two people dealing with confirmation!
47.  Make a dialogue between two people dealing with arrangement!
48.  Make a sentence (conditional sentence type 1)!
49.  Make a sentence (conditional sentence type 2)!
50.  Make a sentence (conditional sentence type 3)!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LATIHAN SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS XII UAS GASAL 2016/2017