LATIHAN SOAL 
UAS KELAS XI SMK KTSP2006
TAHUN 2016/2017
I.         MULTIPLE CHOICE

Questions 1 to 27, choose the appropriate option to complete dialogue or sentences

1.        Boy      : What time does Luwes Super Market open everyday?
                   Ian            :           I think, ….
A.       about ten times
B.       at ten
C.       in the morning
D.       for ten o’clock
E.        it’s is right

2.        Joni      : How often do you play football in a week?
       Dani     : ….
A.     About twice
B.     It is two times
C.     In the evening
D.     I play very well
E.      I play it in the field

3.        John    : Excuse me, could you tell me ?
       Drew    : Sure, It”s twenty five past ten.
A.       when is it
B.       what time it is
C.       when it is
D.       how do you do
E.        what time is it






4.        Ary     : Have you locked your car door?
       Dewi    : …. I was in hurry, so I forgot to do it.
A.       Yes, I do
B.       No, I don’t
C.       Yes, I have 
D.       No, I haven’t
E.        Yes, I am
5.        Teacher    : You will never make him disappointed, ?
       Andrew    : No, I won’t, Teacher. I’ll always do my best.
A.       won’t you
B.       don’t you
C.       didn’t you  
D.       do you
E.        will you

6.        Joko       : Wow!  It is a good Handphone.
       Bodho    : This is my  handphone, Joko
       Joko      : Really ?  So, This handphone is 
A.       me
B.       yours
C.       your
D.       him
E.        mine

7.        Girl   : Do you like these kinds of snacks very much?
       Boy      :    Yes, I do ….
A.       It’s too sweet
B.       It’s too bitter
C.       It’s very delicious
D.       It’s too sour
E.        It’s too salty

8.        Mike      :  Yesterday I came to your house, knocked on your door, but no one answered, where were you ?
       Tyson     :  I …. my car yesterday afternoon. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.
       Mike      : Oh, That’s right.
A.       wash
B.       is washing
C.       was washing
D.       washes
E.        was washed

9.        Alya : What exactly would you want to do if you were a marketing manager at the company ?
       Elys     :    I would coordinate my staf in our product so it can penetrate the market better.
A.       promoting
B.       to promote
C.       promoted
D.       promote
E.        promotes

10.    Tuti      : What did you do last Saturday ?
        Popy  : I spent the whole day by TV
A.       watch   
B.       watched
C.       watching 
D.       is watching
E.        watches 

11.    Cery     : Do you know the man is wearing a blue jacket over there ?
                   Bela          :           Why not.He is the best teacher at my school. All students respect him very much.
A.       whom
B.       what
C.       whose
D.       who
E.        which


12.    Andy   : Could you help me, Herry ?
        Herr  : Certainly,  what do you want ?
        Andy  : The weather is . Open the door, please !
A.       hot enough
B.        enough hot
C.        too cold 
D.       hot too
E.        too hot
13.    Jony     : Would it be  possible to change our appointment to next Sunday morning?
        Rio     ….
A.       Yes, I have to go to Jogja next Sunday
B.       It’s possible to have other appointment
C.       Next Sunday we will have an appointment
D.       I’m afraid not. I’ll be at the training next sunday
E.        No, I have to be late

14.    “Did the boy invite her to the meeting?”
        I wanted to know ….
A.       If the boy had invited her to the meeting.
B.       If the boy have invited her to the meeting.
C.       Whether the boy invited her to the meeting.
D.       Whether the boy did invited her to the meeting.
E.        Whether the boy has invited her to the meeting.

15.    “Where are you going to have the party?”
        I asked her  ….
A.       Where are you going to have the party.
B.       Where we are going to have the party.
C.       Where you are going to the party.
D.       Where were you going to have the party.
E.        Where were we going to have the party.

16.    Roy      :    Hi, Let’s go to Gembiroloko zoo using your new car.
        Brio   :     It’s only a small car.  There isn’t    for all of you.
A.       enough room
B.       too chairs
C.       too room   
D.       too chair
E.        enough chairs

17.    Juki  : Two days ago, I saw your brother.
                 Dena           :           Really ?
                 Juki             :           I saw the man    car  is  white. I believe that he is your brother.
                 Dena           :           You’re right.
A.       who
B.       whose
C.       whom
D.       that
E.        which

18.    Anto : This light doesn’t work. The bulb is probably burned out. Do you have any new light bulb ?
        Dwi     :    ….
        Anto   :    Thank you.
A.       I’m going to get one for you
B.       I have get one for you
C.       I got one for you
D.       I will get one for you.
E.        I have got one for you








19.    Secretary     : One moment. (pause) I’m afraid the line is busy at tis time.
        Mr. Bobby   :       No, I’m leaving for Bogor in ten minutes.  Can you take a message?
        Secretary   : Yes,  of course. One moment, please.
A.       Please wait                                                                         
B.       Please don’t go                                                                                                                                 
C.       Can you be quiet  
D.       Don’t worry
E.        Can you hold on for a while?  
20.    Dora   : You should  give up  smoking.  It is not good for your health.
        Emon    :  I will try it.

The similar meaning of the underlined word is
A.       stop
B.       continue
C.       start
D.       follow
E.        begin                                                                                          

21.    Tiara    : ?
       Dewi    : I work in a textile industry as a technician.
A.       What are you doing
B.       What did you do
C.       Who are you
D.       What does he do
E.        What do you do

22.    Interviewer    : Well, Mr. Ryan, could you tell us what you do in your current job?
       Ryan             :  ….
A.       I gave colors to the machines
B.       I am cutting the clothes
C.       I’m designing the clothes
D.       I ironed the clothes
E.        I take care of the machinery

23.    Head school       : Have you and your members prepared some events to celebrate our school’s anniversary?
       Mr. Bejo            :  Not yet. ….
A.       We’ll still have to meet to decide the programs
B.       We are going to hold some sports competitions
C.       We will make it better
D.       We have already celebrated the day with great events
E.        We will start the events next week

24.    Rani     : Are you ready for Friday’s meeting?
       Bagas   : No. Can we delay it until next week? ...
A.       I will be OK next week.
B.       The secretary will tell me about it.
C.       I’m going to be very busy on Friday.
D.       I will call you next week
E.        The meeting will be held in this room.

25.    Abi      : Was it raining when you arrived home yesterday?
Diva     : It was. Did you go home right away from school?
       Abi      : I didn’t. … That’s why I also got rain on my way home.
A.       I will be at school tomorrow morning
B.       I meet Chita and chat with her.
C.       I stay a bit longer in my class.
D.       I went to market to buy things.
E.        I was buying some newspapers.

26.    Anis       : We have to finish the report today. The deadline’s tomorrow.
Winda  : Yeah, I know it. What’s your plan?
Anis     : I think ....
A.       I worked late last night.
B.       I work at home
C.       I’ve always tried to finish the report.
D.       I prefer hard work tonight.
E.        I’m going to work overtime this evening.

27.    Rafika      : Are you doing anything tonight?
       Denis        : Yes, … a new colleague at Super Restaurant.
A.       I had to see
B.       I have to meet him
C.       I’m going to meet
D.       You will accompany
E.        You should accompany
Question 28 to 29 refer to the following text

At least seven people have died and two more are critically injured after Indonesia's Mount Sinabung ..(28).. on Saturday, the country's National Disaster Management Agency reported. The seven victims ..(29).. in Gembar village in the western province of North Sumatra when the eruption occured at 4:48 p.m. local time (9:48 a.m. GMT). Search teams comprised of police, military, Indonesian Red Cross and volunteers continue to search for other victims.

28.    A.    erupt
B.       erupts
C.       erupted
D.       is erupting
E.        had erupted

29.    A.    are
B.       were
C.       been
D.       do
E.        did


Question 30 to 32 refer to the following text

After graduating his high school, Hemingway left home and went to Kansas city. He didn’t go to college, instead, he got a job as a reporter on the Kansas city Star. Working for this newspaper, he developed his famous journalistic style - simple, direct and objective.
When the war broke out in 1914, he wanted to become a soldier but he was rejected because of an old eye problem. Not wanting to miss the action, he went to Europe any way and served as an ambulance driver for the Red Cross. In 1918, shortly before the end of the war, he was wounded and had to return to the states, but he didn’t stay long. As soon as he was better, he was back in Europe, this time as a reporter for the Toronto Star.

30.    Paragraph two tells that Hemingway ....
A.       preferred higher education
B.       became a soldier
C.       wanted to be a good driver
D.       liked working in any condition
E.        developed his military career

31.    What did Hemingway do after graduating his high school?
A.       He stayed home.
B.       He joined Red Cross.
C.       He went to college.
D.       He developed his style.
E.        He worked as a reporter.

32.    “…, he developed his famous ...”
The synonym of the underlined word is ....
A.       popular
B.       excellent
C.       obvious
D.       well done
E.        well prepared

                    




Question 33 to 35 refer to the following text

Ms. Nadia joined our company in January 2015. She was one of the most competent employees. She had proved extremely hardworking, conscientious, honest, and thankful. She was a good typist, quick in dictation, accurate in filling, and exact in keeping the company books. She arranged my agenda to run very smoothly. All of my activities were scheduled neatly. Further, she had a very pleasant personality and got along well with all her coworkers. She left us to gain further experience in her career, so it gave me great pleasure to recommend Ms. Nadia as an intelligent and efficient employee.

33.    What was Ms. Nadia?
A.       A secretary
B.       A typist
C.       A lawyer
D.       A manager
E.        A marketing manager

34.    “… it gave me great pleasure to recommend Ms. Nadia ….” (3rd paragraph)
       The underlined word refers to ….
A.       Ms. Nadia
B.       the writer
C.       typist
D.       the employee
E.        the director

35.    Further, she had a very pleasant personality and got along well with all her coworkers.
       The synonym of the underlined word is ….
A.       interesting
B.       arrogant
C.       humorous
D.       serious
E.        proud

Question 36 to 40 refer to the following text

One day, Alin was caught in the rain. When she reached home, she started sneezing. Soon, Alin was down with a cold. The next morning, Alin’s mother took her to the doctor. The doctor said that Alin had flu and he gave her some medicine. He also advised Alin to drink more water and take a good rest. When Alin reached home, she went straight to bed. She slept till lunch time. Her mother carried her meal to her bedroom. She also brought Alin her medicine. After eating, Alin went back to sleep.

36.    Why did Alin catch a cold?
A.       Because she was caught it from her friend’s                     
B.       Because she was caught in the rain
C.       Because she drank too much ice   
D.       Because the doctor didn’t give her a medicine
E.        Because she did not wear a raincoat

37.    What did her mother do to know her daughter to catch a cold?
A.       She gave some water                     
B.       She asked her to go to bed
C.       She took her to the doctor             
D.       She gave some medicine
E.        She cooked her meal

38.    What did the doctor suggest to Alin?
A.       Not to catch in the rain                  
B.       To take enough nap
C.       To be careful                                  
D.       To drink more water and take a good rest
E.        To take medicine regularly







39.    He also advised Alin to…”
What does the underlined word refer to?
A.       Alin
B.       Mother
C.       The writer
D.       The doctor
E.        Alin’s father

40.    “When Alin reached home, she went straight to bed”.
What does the synonym of the underlined word above?
A.      crooked                         
B.       strong
C.       down
D.      directly    
E.       easy

II.      ESSAY

Question 41 refers to the following chart
 












41.    a. What does the chart show?
b.    How many graduates become entrepreneurs?

42.    Complete the following dialog with the appropriate expression.

Café worker  : Next, please! ..(a)..?
Andi              : Can I have a burger, please?
Café worker  : A cheese burger or double cheese burger?
Andi              : Double cheese burger, please.
Café worker  : OK, so that’s one double cheese burger. Anything else?
Andi              : No, thank you. ..(b)..?
Café worker  : That’s £8.37, please.
Andi              : Here you are.
Café worker  : Thank you.


Question 43 refers to the following text

At least four people were killed in an accident on the Cikopo-Palimanan (Cipali) toll road in Indramayu, West Java, on Friday (08/04).  The incident occurred at the 137 kilometer mark on the Cipali toll road when a truck driver traveling at high speed lost control and hit a Daihatsu Ayla car in the opposite lane.  Four people were killed in the crash while another one was severely injured and rushed to Mitra Plumbon Hospital in Cirebon.
The stretch of road at the 137-km mark has gained notoriety, as 11 people were killed in a fatal crash at the same spot last December.

43.    a.  How many victims were in the last accident?
b.    How did the accident occur?

44.    Write about your future dreams. What are you going to be and to do in the next five years?

45.    Write about one of your most interesting past experiences. It can be a happy, sad, or funny story.

*** Good Luck ***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LATIHAN SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS XII UAS GASAL 2016/2017