love your life by thinking and thanking

LATIHAN SOAL ULANGAN 
UTS KELAS XII 
GASAL 2016/2017

        I.            Choose the best answer by crossing a,b,c,d !
Incomplete Dialogues
Questions 1 – 30 are incomplete dialogues. Four answers marked (A),(B),(C), and (D) are given beneath each dialogue. You have to choose the best answer to complete the dialogue.
1.      Anita     : Shall I open the window?
Anton    : “ ... .”
a.      Good idea. It’s hot in here
b.      I think it's best to tell her nothing. She can't keep a secret.
c.       Well we're going to have to bite the bullet on this sooner or later.
d.      Why not Baker? He's used to working in Eastern Europe?
2.      Students            : Good morning teacher. ... ?”
Teacher                        :Morning students. The classroom is very dirty. It needs cleaning.
Students            :Ok, I’ll clean it soon. 
Teacher                        : “That would be nice. Thanks
a.      Can you help me
b.      Do you want to help me
c.       What can I do for you
d.      Could you help me
3.      Ambar  : “ ... ?
Beni      : Yes please. Just put a little sugar.
a.      Would you like a cup of tea
b.      May I open the door?
c.       What should I do?
d.      Can you close the windows?
4.      Deni      :Huh! It’s so hard task I think.
Anto      : “... ?”
Deni      :How kind of you. Thanks a lot.
a.      Can you do me a vapor          
b.       Could I help you doing it
c.        Would you like doing it with me
d.       Do you want to help me
5.      Operator          : Ramayana Hotel, ... ?
Guess                :Morning, Could you put me through with Mr.Smith the marketing manager
                           here?
a.      Can you help me connect to Mr. Smith
b.      What about going to the ball room
c.       May I help you
d.      Can you help me
6.      A           : Can I take you home?
B           : “ ... , I can manage it by myself.
a.      Yes, please
b.      I don’t think so
c.       No, thanks
d.      I’m very happy
7.      Staff                  :May I have 15 minutes break?
Director            : “ ... “
a.      How about next Friday?
b.      Shall we keep working until the coffee comes?
c.       Well we're going to have to bite the bullet on this sooner or later.
d.      Why not Tom? He's used to working in New York?

This dialog is for number 8 and 9.
Bintang : You know what? Next month, I will get a chance to join for the national football
               team competition.
Rinto     :Do you? Your parents must be proud of you.
Siska     :Wow, man! That’s awesome! And, How do you prepare it?
Bintang :I’ll practice with my coach regularly.
Rinto     :Right, I’ll always give support for you.
8.      The dialog discuss about ….
a.      Offering
b.      Suggesting
c.       Surprising
d.      Complimenting
9.      What makes Bintang’s parents to be proud with him?
a.      Because having many friends
b.      Because getting support by his friend
c.       Because receiving award by his the national football team
d.      Because getting opportunity to be the national football team
10.  Rani      : ………………….. I got A in English test.
Sarah    :Really? I won’t believe this.
a.      I don’t know the news
b.      I have news for you
c.       I have no doubt
d.      You must be upset
11.              Tami           : “..., Miss. Is the seat beside you vacant?”
            Fira             : “Oh, yes. You  may sit if you want.”
            Tami                       : “Sure. Thanks.”
a.         Sorry to bother you
b.         You really beautiful
c.          It nice to hear that.
d.         Are you OK
12.              Teacher      : “... ,please?”
             Students     :” Ok, Sir”                   
             Teacher      :” You’ll have test next week. So prepare it well!’
a.         Surprise
b.         Would you do something for me
c.          Don’t you know
d.         May I have your attention


13.              Bellboy : would you like a morning call?
Guest : …. I am not in a hurry tomorrow morning.
A.         I don’t like this
B.         I’m sorry
C.         I don’t think so
D.         Sure. Why not?

14.          Ari : hey, are you going to trim those trees? …
Krista : sure. It’s very kind of you. Thank you, Ari
A.         Would you like me to help you?
B.         Would you like to help me?
C.         Would I like to help you?
D.         Would you like to bring it for me?
15.         Gery            : “ ... , John! I have a bad news.”
            John : Oh, God. What is going on?.”
             Gery           : “ Your brother gets an accident in front of the old building “
a.         Guess what
b.         Would you move now
c.           You can stand here
d.         Do you know what
16.         Kania           : “ I can’t go to school today. My stomach hurts terribly.”
Mia             : “ If you feel so bad, ….
Kania          : “ I’ll this evening.”
a.         You should see the doctor
b.         May I come to help you
c.          Could you do me a favor
d.         Would you see it, please.

17.          Man : where are you going?
Woman : I’m going to library. Why?
Man : I want to return my book too, but Mr. Tito called me to go to his office.
Woman : ….
A.      Are you okay?
B.      I can manage my self
C.      If I need a help, I let you know
D.      What if I return your book and you go to his office?

18.              Reza : … ! I want to say some thing
Praya : what do you want to say?
Reza : there will be an English test today
A.         Hi,, how are you
B.         You don’t know?
C.         Listen
D.         Do you know?
19.        Doni            : You look so awful. What’s the matter?
            Tomi                       : “…. ? Dian brought my car and got accident yesterday. I need to sent it to the
                                   mechanic
            Doni                                    : “You were not supposed to lend him. He is so careless.
            Tomi                       : “ I know it’s all my fault. I won’t repeat next time
a.         You are very kind person
b.         You were not supposed to lend him. He is so careless
c.          You know what?
d.         Tell me



20.         Dani : ……, go home soon and take a rest
Rosy : thank you
A.         If you feel sick
B.         If you are fine
C.         If you have much work
D.         If I call you

21.      Rosa : what happens to you? You look so pale.
     Dita : I get bad headache
     Rosa : if you feel sick, ….
A.      You should go to doctor now
B.      You may come to office
C.      I am sorry to hear that
D.      Come here

22.Teacher : …! I have something to speak. You must listen to me.
Students : okay sir
a.          Good morning
b.         Speak up, guys
c.          Pay attention please
d.         Look!

This letter is for number 23 - 26
54 Jalan Sisingamangaraja
West Jakarta
July, 15 2010
Ms. Dina Siregar.
Directory of Administration
Navaro Inc.
27 Jalan Edelweis.
Jakarta

Dear Ms. Siregar,
Your  (23)….. in March 30 issue of the 'Republika' was attractive because I believe I have the proven skills you are requiring for an administrative assistant.
I am Linda and I'm 22 years old. I recently (24) …. a three course Apple Computer System. These specialization skills have proven valuable in my work for the past eight months as an assistant to the chief accountant at Galaxy Building. Since 'proven skills' are best explained in person I would (25) …. an interview with you. Please phone me in the afternoon between and 5 p.m. at (021) 4733756 to let me know the day and time most convenient (26) … you.

Sincerelly,

Ayu.

23.          a. advertisement
b.advertised
c. advertising
d. advertises
24.          a. received
b.    invited
c.    completed
d.    accepted
25.          a. appreciate
b.appretiation
c. appreciate
d. appreciates
26.     a. by
          b. in
          c. of
          d. for

This letter for number 27 - 30
Medan, North Sumatra
Personnel Manager
P.T Indah Permai
Sudirman Street no 35
Jakarta 15400

Dear Sirs,
Here with I (27) ... you my application for the post of Assistant Marketing Manager (28) ... your company. I have completed my study of marketing at Jakarta University last year. Having finished my study, I (29) ... for P.T Tunas Raya in North Sumatra for a half of year. I quit for environment reason.

For further consideration, I enclosed my curriculum vitae and copies of my certificates.
I would be very grateful if you could provide me an opportunity for an (30) ... .

Yours faithfully,


Andrea Imma

27.  a. send
b.   sent
c.       sending
d.      sended
28.  a.    at
b.      on
c.       in
d.      by
29.  a. studied
b.      worked
c.       finished
d.      completed
30.  a.    job
b.      work
c.       chance
d.      interview
Identify the underlined words or phrase that must be corrected!
31.  Friska    : I can’t typing the letter for my friend now. I’m so busy with my task.
A                   B
Jimmy   : what if I type the letter for you.
                       C                     D
Friska    : Oh really? Thanks a million.
                                                     D
32.  Ryan     : Oh no! I’m so tired with a lot of housework today
           A
Oni        : Let me to help you now. Don’t worry!
  B                             C
Ryan     : No, thanks. I can handle it by myself
    D
33.    Doctor : you must know about this. If a pregnant woman contracts toxoplasmosiss. The baby
                             A
can suffered from  blindness, hydrocephalus, and brain damage.
            B
Patient : I won’t believe it! It’s frightened.
  C                       D
34.  Receptionist     : Good morning, Galaxy Continental Hotel. May I help you?
                                                           A
Guest               : Good morning. I reserve a single room, please:
          
Receptionist    : When would, it be?
                                         C
            Guest               : From July 2 to July 10.
                                       D

35.  Lala       : Look! The sky is very dark. Do you think it will rain hard?
    A                                                                                   B
Fira       : I don’t think so. It’s usually followed by thunder and lightning.
                         C                                       D


36.  John      : Do you need any help?
Man      : Sorry not to bother you, but I want to know how to get the bank from here.
A                                                            B                                     
John      : Just walk down this street. The bank is on the right side after the post office.
                                                                               C                 D
37.    Doni     : Excuse me,would you turn on the air conditioning, please. It’s too cold here.
                                                            A                                                            B
Gina     : Yes, sure. Would you like me to open the window instead .
                                                                C                                       D
38.    Staff     : Excuse me, Sir, may I have your attention? You’re not supposed to smoke here. There
                                                                                                                        A
is a signature.
                   B
Guest   : Oh, I’m so sorry. I don’t see that sign
                                  C                          D
39.    Ria       : Look ! It is 09.00. don’t you have a  appointment with the doctor now      
                 A                                                    B
Mia      : Oh thanks for    reminding me
                                 C          D
40.    Nino     : You know? I’m running out of money now . I paid more on the electricity bill this
                                              A                                                                    B
month.                                                   
Kent     : You’re not supposed to turn off the light when you’re sleeping at night.
                                    C                                                                      D
      
 Essay
Answer the following question briefly!

23 Jalan Malabar
Agra – 7
March 5, 2016
To:  The Manager,
 Malaya Trading Co.

Dear Sir,
In response to your advertisement in "The Times of Malay" of today that you are on the lookout for enterprising and capable men who can take up market research for you, I respectfully offer myself as candidate for the post. I give below in brief my qualifications and experience in the line for your kind consideration:
I am a diploma holder in commercial courses from S.D. College of Commerce, Agra, and had taken marketing as my .special subject of study. I have worked as a field investigator with Messrs Kirpal Marketing and Trading Co., Agra for about two years on a salary of Rs. 1 800/-p.m. and had the privilege of winning laurels from my superiors in regard to my work as well as general conduct.
I am a young man of about 24 years and possess good health and personality. I have pleasing manners, hardworking disposition and keenness for outdoor jobs. I am unmarried and can be posted to any area of the country for market study. I can speak, beside Hindi, Punjabi, and English, some southern languages too. I can join immediately.
I shall highly appreciate if an opportunity is given to me to explain my experience to you in person during my interview. Would you kindly let me know the time and date when it will be convenient for you? Thanking you, I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,


Syahrul.


41.  What position does Syahrul apply for?
42.  What are the qualification of Sahrul?
43.  "I give below in brief my qualifications ..." (paragraph1).The synonym of the underlined phrase is ...

44.  Choose one of the topic below and make a short dialogue!
a.    Your friend’s computer and printer are broken. You’re offering to repair the computer and printer.
b.    You follow English debate competition. You are surprised when the jury announce that you are the first winner.  
45.  What does Syahrul expect after sending the letter?























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LATIHAN SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS XII UAS GASAL 2016/2017